Strawberry Tomato Salsa
Here’s a sweet and tangy salsa that's miles away from the spicy version people expect. Serve it as an appetizer with tortilla chips for scooping, or make it part of the main event and spoon it over chicken or pork. —Amy Hinkle, Topeka, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, strawberries, green onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and salt; gently stir into tomato mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 41 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Salsa in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.