Contest-Winning Strawberry Salsa
Guests often try to guess the secret ingredient in this. None think of strawberries...but many ask for the recipe. Our six children—all daughters—are grown, and we have 10 grandchildren. Knitting is among my hobbies, so I plan on making an afghan for all 16 of them. So far, I've finished 10!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup prepared Catalina salad dressing
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, green pepper, onions and parsley. Stir in the salad dressing, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 41 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Salsa in Country Woman May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.