Contest-Winning Hot Fruit Compote
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 package (20 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread pie filling over fruit mixture; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 193 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 6, 2015
Great for brunch or a dessert
Mar 23, 2014
I tripled this recipe for a large church function, and people were asking for the recipe-I cooked mine in a large roaster pan slowly for 3 hours- it was pure heaven-did add a large tablespoon of Mexican vanilla- people were putting it over their ice cream- a real keeper!!!!
Apr 7, 2010
Brought this dish to a ladies brunch and now they ask me to bring it each time we have a brunch.
Jan 2, 2010
Simple and delicious!
Aug 5, 2009
My nieces and nephews love this and now I make it for every family gathering. I've done this exact recipe and also substituted different fruits I've had on hand.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.