Contest-Winning Hot Fruit Compote
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 package (20 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread pie filling over fruit mixture; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 193 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 6, 2015
Great for brunch or a dessert
Mar 23, 2014
I tripled this recipe for a large church function, and people were asking for the recipe-I cooked mine in a large roaster pan slowly for 3 hours- it was pure heaven-did add a large tablespoon of Mexican vanilla- people were putting it over their ice cream- a real keeper!!!!
Apr 7, 2010
Brought this dish to a ladies brunch and now they ask me to bring it each time we have a brunch.
Jan 2, 2010
Simple and delicious!
Aug 5, 2009
My nieces and nephews love this and now I make it for every family gathering. I've done this exact recipe and also substituted different fruits I've had on hand.