Contest-Winning Glazed Pineapple Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or refrigerate for another use); set pineapple aside. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Sprinkle with coconut.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice, butter and pineapple. Spread over coconut. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut sits in pastry. Add decorative cutouts if desired.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough of the reserved pineapple juice to achieve glaze consistency. Drizzle over warm pie. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 480 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 17, 2017
I made this pie with a graham cracker crust and a little less sugar. It was a hit and so easy to make.
May 27, 2017
I always get the nicest compliments on this pie. It is delicious.Very easy too. Don't skip the glaze.
Dec 17, 2016
This is the easiest recipe and tastes so good! The coconut makes this pie! I have made it three times now and get asked for the recipe every time. Thank you for sharing! ( I also use 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar)
Jun 2, 2013
Very good! Easy to make. Very refreshing. A good summertime pie. I will definitely make it again!
Aug 3, 2012
Received Reserve Grand Champion at County Fair. Easy to make and really delicious!
Apr 30, 2009
This recipe is just awesome! So easy to make,also.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.