Coconut Pineapple Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Add the corn syrup, coconut, pineapple, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (Cover loosely with foil if the top browns too quickly.) Cool on a wire rack. Chill before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 498 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 9, 2018
over the top sweet.i would try unsweetened coconut if i made this again.
Nov 23, 2013
@gacookiebaker.This is a great pie.Do not use the sweet coconut in it,use the frozen coconut,it has no sugar added.
Jun 24, 2013
This recipe is way too sweet. It is nothing but sugar between the sugar and the corn syrup and the sweetness in the coconut. Also does not need to bake for 50 minutes, more like 35-40 mins.
Jun 24, 2013
This recipe is way too sweet. It is nothing but sugar between the sugar and the corn syrup and the sweetness in the coconut.
Nov 13, 2011
This is one of my favorite desserts! My mom's too! I love the crispy topping when it is baked!
Nov 19, 2009
This pie is SSOOOOOOO good What comfort food. Great dessert too
Oct 26, 2009
I rate this a 5 star recipe. I am a nurse's aide and my client wanted to try this pie. It was excellent!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.