Pecan Coconut Pie
Someone brought this pie to my nephew's wedding, and I just had to get the recipe. It's the best I've ever tasted.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in the sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans and coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
- Make a domed cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 571 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Coconut Pie in Country Extra January 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.