Pecan Coconut Pie
Someone brought this pie to my nephew's wedding, and I just had to get the recipe. It's the best I've ever tasted.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in the sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans and coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
- Make a domed cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 571 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 1, 2018
It should be made with a deep dish pie shell I used a p inch and it was spilling over the edges.
Oct 23, 2013
This is the best pie that I have eaten in a very long time. It is simple to make. Thank you.