Coconut Pecan Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons coconut extract, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 2 cups sugar, oil and 2 teaspoons extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk just until moistened. stir in coconut and pecans.
- Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; add remaining extract.
- Slowly pour hot syrup over hot cake. Cool in pan for 4 hours before removing to a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 630 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2016
This tastes like a pound cake, with the addition of coconut. It is very good.
May 12, 2008
THIS CAKE IS TRULY MAGNIFICENT- I HAVE MADE IT SEVERAL TIMES FOR SPECIAL OCCASSIONS ( SOME OF THE INGRIEDIENTS ARE PRICEY, SO ADMITTEDLY- IT IS NOT AN "EVERY DAY" CAKE- BUT WHEN YOU WANT TO WOW! PEOPLE- THIS IS THE ONE! IT IS SO DELICIOUS- YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!