Lemon Pecan Pie
This unusual pie wins over everyone who tries it. The smooth filling nicely accents the nuts.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Beat in butter flavoring. Gradually add flour until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Place pastry in plate; trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Flute edges. Place pecans in crust; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined. Pour over pecans. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 593 calories, 37g fat (16g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Pecan Pie in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.