Chocolate Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in flour, salt and butter. Fold in chips, nuts and vanilla. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 570 calories, 37g fat (15g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2010
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was the best pie I've ever made. Also one of the easiest recipes I've ever made. I would definately suggest this to anyone. Follow the recipe exactly and it will turn out just like the picture.
May 8, 2009
The top crust only appears like a second pie crust. It's really the crusty top of the filling--crusty from the sugar inside.
Dec 5, 2008
The picture shows a 2-crust pie but the instructions only call for a bottom crust. . .perhaps it's the wrong picture?