Pecan Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes2 pies (8 servings each)
- Pastry for 2 single-crust pies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 10 apples)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to two 1/8-in.-thick circles; transfer to two 9-in. pie plates. Trim and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; add apples and toss to coat. Pour into crusts.
- For the topping, combine brown sugar, flour and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 392 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 16, 2013
This is an excellant tasting pie! It is soooo delicious! I will make this again & again. I used Rome apples, (my favorite for pie), & it turned out perfect. I've baked alot of different caramel & pecan apple pies & this is by far THE BEST!!!!!!!
Apr 21, 2012
My first taste of this pie was when my daughter-in-law made it. It was so scrumptous. I have made it since then myself, and everyone enjoys it.
Nov 25, 2008
Re: Pecan Apple PieThis truly is the best apple pie I have ever had by far!! We are making two for Thanksgiving and we can hardly wait to have it again.
Nov 11, 2008
Found this recipe in a TOH bonus book that came with my magazine. I don't care for apple pie. Saw this recipe and it sounded really good. It's an apple pie/apple crisp with pecans & caramel topping on top. I like apple crisp. Just made one pie yesterday. WOW! It's sooo good!!! I made Paula Deen's pie crust for this recipe. Put both together and they're WONDERFUL. I'm making just one pie for an early family Thanksgiving dinner.
Nov 4, 2008
My husband, a big fan of apple pie said this was the best apple pie he's ever had.