Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs just until blended but not frothy. Add the sugar, salt and corn syrup. Stir butter and vanilla just until blended. Spread pecans in the bottom of pie shell. Pour in filling.
- Place in a 350° oven and immediately reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 441 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2018
Followed directions exactly. Made 2. Both of my pies never solidified! I kept adding to the cook time; wound up cooking 70 minutes the first evening. Thought maybe they would thicken as they cooled. Next day: still runny! Cooked another 40 minutes!! On the surface, it appeared to have thickened. Went to eat Thanksgiving Day and they were slop!! I have re-reviewed all directions several times...I did not miss anything! I chilled overnight to see if that would help: they are even worse! So disappointed to not have for my family...and to have spent so much effort and $ on the ingredients.
Aug 8, 2016
I never knew a Pecan Pie was this easy! Delicious too!!
Apr 24, 2016
My husband loves this pie. I only wish I could eat it. I am diabetic.
Nov 25, 2015
I get asked to bring this pie for every holiday. Delicious!!!!!
Nov 18, 2010
would using light corn syrup in this recipe make a big difference in the outcome/flavor of the pie?