Pineapple Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and salt until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar. Stir in pineapple; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Pour into pastry shell; spoon cream cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 45-50 minutes more or until center is set. Cool completely; chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 391 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 9, 2013
I didn't care much for this one. Tried it out for thanksgiving and only had one piece eaten. I'll stick with more of the traditional pecan pie or even the caramel pecan cheesecake pies myself.
Mar 29, 2013
I have also made this recipe; received it from my grandmother a long time ago. This won a prize for me also. I think I will make this dessert again soon.
Apr 2, 2011