Coconut Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 7 large egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, coconut, cracker crumbs and pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream.
Oct 11, 2014
Very easy and convenient using a good quality store-bought crust and carton of egg whites. My husband loves anything with coconut in it. Next time I will put the banana slices on top which will take it up a notch from good to very good.
Oct 11, 2014
This was very easy and convenient using a good quality store-bought pie crust and a carton of egg whites. My husband loves anything with coconut in it. I didn't read the blurb by the cook and so did not put banana slices on top. I will definitely do that next time, as I think it will take this recipe from the good to the very good category.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.