Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with flour and salt; stir until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
May 1, 2014
The only thing I would change about this recipe is to save 1 cup of the cheese and sprinkle over the top before baking - I think that makes for a more attractive presentation. Loved the taste!
Jan 29, 2008
I decreased the pickles a bit as they were too strong for my family's tastes, but this was really good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.