Pizza Mountain Pies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper, optional
- Spread butter over bread slices. Place one slice in a sandwich iron, buttered side down. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese, pepperoni and, if desired, green pepper. Top with the remaining cheese and bread slice, buttered side up. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 388 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Jun 20, 2016
My kids always ask for "pizza sandwiches" as our first meal of a camping trip. Our variation is to use Grands Flakey biscuits instead of slices of bread. Flatten the biscuits and put ingredients in the center. Place one on top and seal edges. Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping!
Jul 22, 2015
I remember making these in scouts. These are so simple and easy and a HUGE hit with the kids.
Jun 23, 2015
I love these and this takes me back to when I was a teenager camping with my cousin. Instead of mountain pies we called them hobo pizzas this. So delicious!