Banana-Pineapple Cream Pies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes2 pies (8 servings each)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Two 9-inch graham cracker crusts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Arrange bananas over bottom of each crust; spread pineapple mixture over tops. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Top with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 205 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 15, 2018
xizziz there is cornstarch to thicken the ingredients so there is need for flour.
Jun 29, 2018
Can I ask how this works without flour? Are you sure the recipe is correct? I don't want to waste money for something that will not turn out, please make sure this is correct and let me know so I can try it :) Thanks so much.