Banana Cream Cheese Pie
Whenever I make this banana cream cheese pie topped with a thick strawberry sauce, everyone looks forward to dessert. The recipe was passed on to me by my mother-in-law. —Zahra Sulemanji, Houston, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Combine bananas and lemon juice; stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in strawberries and food coloring if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 378 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 28, 2019
This has become a family favorite! Easy to make and EVERYONE love it!
Jan 30, 2013
This is fantastic. My family loves it
May 27, 2008
This pie is so easy to make and my family loved it. My son said he just couldn't quit eating.