Banana Cream Cheese Pie
Whenever I make this banana cream cheese pie topped with a thick strawberry sauce, everyone looks forward to dessert. The recipe was passed on to me by my mother-in-law. —Zahra Sulemanji, Houston, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Combine bananas and lemon juice; stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in strawberries and food coloring if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 378 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Banana Cream Cheese Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.