Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup assorted fresh fruit
- Combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine bananas and lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, cornstarch, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in banana mixture. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 380 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 24, 2013
Yum! My husband has never been a banana fan but this recipe changed his banana palate! It has been added to our family's favorite recipe list! Thank you for this great recipe!
Aug 4, 2012
easy to make, the best part of the cake is the crust!
Mar 5, 2012
made in 8" pan by mistake - took about 70 minutes - came out ok, but edges were then a little drier than creamy middle. Made crust in processor, seemed wet and leaked butter when baking but chilled ok....maybe use Gourmet banana cheesecake crust which got raves. Bottom line, don't really like the taste of banana/cheese though recipe came out fine. Skip fruit/top with toasted pecans.
Nov 24, 2011
Was absolutely delicious.
Nov 22, 2011
Really good cheesecake. Even my husband, who doesn't like bananas enjoyed it.
Nov 18, 2011
Apr 30, 2011
Absolutely delicious...I made this cake and all my friends loved it..in fact I'm gonna bake more of this and share it with my family
Sep 8, 2010
This is a creamy, smooth, delicious cheesecake. I love that there's a smooth flavor of bananas, nothing overpowering or offensive :)