Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- Frosting of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil, eggs and extract. Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium for 4 minutes.
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour paper. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 208 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 1, 2017
The cake tastes very good and is quite moist. It is very easy to make and comes together quickly.
May 14, 2015
Feb 18, 2015
Mar 22, 2014
So many of the recipes on here look wonderful but when looking at the ingredients it involves using cake mixes etc. When I cook I like to make from scratch - perhaps this is a British trait ?
Mar 4, 2014
Wow! This is a great cake. We are big fans of banana cake so I was a little worried that yellow cake mix wasn't going to win my family. Boy, I was wrong. It was a hit. The banana pudding and my own addion of bananas made this the most moist cake we've ever eaten. We are also big fans of butter cream frosting. This was such a good, flavorful, and moist cake that frosting is not needed.
Jul 23, 2012
I have made this recipe a few times and we love it its so moist and its the bomb for the first time i made it into cupcakes so good i made a extra box of pudding banana cream and when my cupcakes were done and cooled i put the pudding in the middle ans frosted them with my cream cheese frosting and add some choclate sprinkles on top keep then in freg tell ready to eat u will love them heres the frosting recipe 1 8 oz cream cheese soft 2 TBS butter 3 cups power sugar 1 tsp banana extact beat well and frost
May 18, 2012
This is an excellent tasting and super easy recipe. My family loves it!
Sep 17, 2011
this recipe was a hit everyone loved it
Sep 16, 2011
this recipe was a hit i love it, my friends loved it, and my family.
Feb 8, 2011
I have used this recipe several times when I am in a hurry and it never fails to please. Everyone who tastes it loves it. I love the convenience of using a cake mix. Yellow or white cake mix or both great with this recipe