Banana Chip Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, chips and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with flour. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 233 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 17, 2017
This was easy to make. My husband enjoyed it. He said he could not tell that it was made form a box mix
Aug 18, 2013
was very easy and a great way to use those banana's, sub'd pecans
Feb 24, 2013
It would get more stars if this was an option.Very easy and soooooooo good.
Aug 19, 2012
This cake was easy to make and was very moist. Everyone loved it!
Apr 10, 2012
this recipe was very good, nice and moist. kids loved it too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.