Cherry Banana Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large firm banana, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup halved maraschino cherries
- Whipped topping, chocolate curls and additional maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup of butter; stir in wafer crumbs. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, cream the remaining butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the walnuts, banana and maraschino cherries.
- Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate curls and cherries.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 16, 2012
Our family and friends love this. . . absolutely delicious. It is also good using pecans instead of walnuts.
Apr 16, 2009
I don't like chocolate. Can anyone suggest a substitute for the 2 TBS baking cocoa in this recipe? Or can I just leave it out?