Cream Cheese-Pineapple Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- PINEAPPLE LAYER:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and pineapple plus juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and clear. Cool; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and salt in mixer bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Blend in milk and vanilla. (Mixture may look curdled.)
- Spread cooled pineapple mixture over bottom of pie shell. Pour cream cheese mixture over pineapple layer; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 325° and bake for 50 minutes. Cool.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 380 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 6, 2018
Family and friends loved this pie, which was one of the desserts I made for a post-Christmas party. Great pineapple taste, with a rich cream cheese layer to complement it. I did not add the pecans. I already have requests to make this pie again!
Nov 9, 2017
This pie is always a success. Found it in a 1981 Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese cookbook which I inherited from my mother. Love the fresh taste of the pineapple and the pie is not overly sweet.
Nov 15, 2014
I made this pie when I was first married for a Thanksgiving dessert in 1949. It was a 5 star recipe then and it still is. I got it out of a Good Housekeeping magazine. I lost that original recipe over the years and the recipe I had back then did not call for the pecans on top. I have added that in the last few years.The original had a recipe for another topping of a mixture of sour cream, with a little sugar, and vanilla added then spread on top of the cooled pie and put back in a low oven a few minutes just to set the sour cream and sugar. I sprinkle the pecans on the sour cream mixture just before popping it back in the over. Cool completely again before cutting. Talk about your heavenly desserts!
Aug 7, 2014
Excellent recipe !! Perfectly balanced, super easy to make. It's perfect without making any adjustments. Thanks for a great "go to" recipe.
Mar 28, 2014
Everyone I made this 4 loved it !!
Oct 15, 2012
I have been making this pie since I found the recipe in a Taste of the Country cookbook back in the late 80s. LOVE IT!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.