- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed and halved
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Set aside.
- Roll half the dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Layer with half each of the following: mozzarella, Parmesan and pizza sauce. Top with the sausage mixture, pepperoni, mushrooms and 1/8 teaspoon oregano.
- Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal edges. Layer with remaining pizza sauce, cheeses and oregano. Bake until golden brown, 18-22 minutes.
1 piece: 305 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 743mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.