Meat Lover’s Pizza Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- In a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and olives. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk until blended. Pour evenly over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 411 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1025mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
May 28, 2017
I want to know if I can freeze this.
Jan 11, 2017
I've made this a few times now. It's easy to make and really delicious. I add mushrooms and onions.
Jan 11, 2015
easy to make for a party or family occasion
Dec 6, 2013
I made this about a week ago for dinner and it was awesome! It was so easy to throw together and my husband and I loved it! I will be making this dish often. When I made it I he first time added mushrooms and onion. Next time I think I will add some Italian seasoning to the crust and my husband thinks bacon would be a good addition as well :)
Apr 8, 2013
This is delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and served it with the Creamy Zucchini in the same issue.
Jan 29, 2012
My husband and I really enjoyed this easy and delicious recipe. I subbed canned mushrooms for the olives, halved the recipe, and baked it in a 9" glass pie plate for 25 minutes, which was perfect. Thanks for posting this, I know I'll make it again and again!
Jul 28, 2011
this recipe was easy and it was really good this one is a keeper we love it
Jul 11, 2008
When my son/daughter-in-law come to visit, this dish always appears on the menu. So easy to assemble, and oh so delicious!!Thank you for the recipe.Sincerely,