Meat Lover’s Pizza Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- In a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and olives. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk until blended. Pour evenly over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 411 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1025mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
May 28, 2017
I want to know if I can freeze this.
Jan 11, 2017
I've made this a few times now. It's easy to make and really delicious. I add mushrooms and onions.
Jan 11, 2015
easy to make for a party or family occasion
Dec 6, 2013
I made this about a week ago for dinner and it was awesome! It was so easy to throw together and my husband and I loved it! I will be making this dish often. When I made it I he first time added mushrooms and onion. Next time I think I will add some Italian seasoning to the crust and my husband thinks bacon would be a good addition as well :)
Apr 8, 2013
This is delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and served it with the Creamy Zucchini in the same issue.
Jan 29, 2012
My husband and I really enjoyed this easy and delicious recipe. I subbed canned mushrooms for the olives, halved the recipe, and baked it in a 9" glass pie plate for 25 minutes, which was perfect. Thanks for posting this, I know I'll make it again and again!
Jul 28, 2011
this recipe was easy and it was really good this one is a keeper we love it
Jul 11, 2008
When my son/daughter-in-law come to visit, this dish always appears on the menu. So easy to assemble, and oh so delicious!!Thank you for the recipe.Sincerely,
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.