Pizza Lover’s Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 7 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce.
- Drain noodles and add to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer half of the noodle mixture to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the pepperoni and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Jun 4, 2018
This was even tastier the next day. In the future I will prep the day before. I cooked chopped onion with the sausage. Next time I think I will use hamburger and elbow macaroni instead and cut the pepperoni (used turkey pepperoni) in half or quarters. Added a little more of the cheese on the top. If all goes well, the rating may be increased. It is a very heavy/hearty meal. For left overs, pasta water was saved to mix in to loosen it up for reheating.