Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 servings each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with mushrooms, cheeses and pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheeses have melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 492 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 966mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Jul 31, 2018
First words from my husband - "this is good". I agree. I used Italian sausage and fresh mushrooms, halved the recipe (but used the full can of Rotel), probably a little more than half the spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. Very easy to make and we all loved it! Thank you!!!
Jun 27, 2013
Great dish for a crowd. I used Italian sausage and fresh mushrooms instead of Turkey and canned mushroom stems. I also added peppers, garlic and some fresh herbs, just the way I make my Pizza! My 5 year old was excited to have two of her favorites, pizza and pasta, in one meal! Definately a keeper!
Sep 2, 2012
Quick and easy and so delicious! I did omit a few items only because I didn't have them on hand, diced tomatoes and green chilies and mushrooms. The casserole still came out scrumptious. My grandkids loved it.Thanks!
Mar 27, 2012
I'm not a big casserole fan, but since I've started having the extended family over once a week, I have been giving them another try. This one was a big hit with the family! I didn't read the recipe closely enough until the day of when I realized this was supposed to make TWO casseroles. So instead I used about 12 ounces of noodles and added alittle extra spaghetti sauce that I already had opened and just made one very full 9x13. I also added black olives on the top per some of the other reviews. It was a crowd pleaser!
Dec 10, 2011
Good taste, but could have used much more sauce. I added black olives on top because that's how I like my pizza!
Aug 20, 2011
Simply loved it!I added a green pepper in with the onion... mmm mmm good :-)
Aug 17, 2011
This recipe is very easy to make and was a hit with my family. We substituted regular hamburger meat and pepperoni, but it was still wonderful! I will definitely put this in the recipe box for future use.
Aug 6, 2011
This recipe was very easy to make. With a family of six(3Adults & 3Children) we had plenty of food and even had some left over! I would recommend this recipe to anyone who is on a budget and enjoys a combination of pizza and casserole!!!!GREAT!!!
Aug 4, 2011
We really enjoyed this one. Cut recipe in half. Didn't have the turkey pepperoni so used regular. It was great. Thanks
Jul 21, 2011
Great, quick and easy dinner. I halved the recipe to make only one but still used a full jar of spaghetti sauce and a full can of diced tomatoes. It was wonderful!