Deluxe Pizza Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef and sausage with onion and pepper over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce, pizza sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Cut into pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 346 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2018
I made this the other night and everyone loved it!!! I didn't use sausage, and I added garlic. I also shredded the Pepperoni and it was awesome. It all went in one night...going to definitely make this again and again....thanks for another great recipe!!!
Nov 25, 2018
Pizza is a big hit at my house. So in this casserole we kind of added all the ingredients we love on our pizzas into the pasta. Think lots of veggies and pepperoni and cheese. This was great for an easy weeknight casserole.
Jan 14, 2018
I just made this, and it’s in the oven, baking. My husband and I, however, did some serious snitching before the baking step. It’s really delicious! I used hot Italian sausage, and a full 6 oz of pepperoni. I had to cut the pepperoni into pieces, and add it to the beef and sausage cooking stage, as my daughter is a bonafide Pizza hater. (IKR?) so we are calling this a pasta casserole, not a pizza casserole. Lol. Cannot wait till it’s fully done. Thanks for sharing this recipe...????