Deluxe Pizza Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef and sausage with onion and pepper over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce, pizza sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Cut into pieces.
Jan 14, 2018
I just made this, and it’s in the oven, baking. My husband and I, however, did some serious snitching before the baking step. It’s really delicious! I used hot Italian sausage, and a full 6 oz of pepperoni. I had to cut the pepperoni into pieces, and add it to the beef and sausage cooking stage, as my daughter is a bonafide Pizza hater. (IKR?) so we are calling this a pasta casserole, not a pizza casserole. Lol. Cannot wait till it’s fully done. Thanks for sharing this recipe...????
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.