Pizza Pasta Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes2 casseroles (10 servings each)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time to 35-40 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 301 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 9, 2018
easy and delicious.if you love pepperoni this recipe is for you.i also like the idea of making two casseroles at once
Apr 8, 2018
Halved recipe for two meals for two. Really enjoyed and is better for leftovers than a flat pizza. Will definitely make again.
Feb 21, 2018
My boys enjoy this recipe. However, I only make one pan, so I halve the hamburger and cheese portions. I also, season the hamburger mixture with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes for spice.I have also made this substituting the pasta for cauliflower. Delicious!
Oct 21, 2017
Super great dish! Pizza lovers everywhere will appreciate this casserole. And very quick and easy to make.
Oct 8, 2017
If you love pepperoni, this dish is for you. It was a bit dry for our tastes. Would add extra sauce next time.”
Jul 25, 2017
made this for a church fellowship. I added Mushrooms, red onion and bell pepper to one of the casseroles for adults that enjoy a combo pizza. Used spice while cooking the meat. Lots of garlic!
Jul 24, 2017
Not bad at all! I made the two casseroles and served them the night before I went out of town for two days, so that my husband and teenage boys could eat the leftovers while I was gone. My husband and I are NOT pepperoni lovers but my boys are, so I customized them. One casserole was made as written, for the boys. For the other, I used Italian sausage in place of the beef. I also topped it with mushrooms, green bell pepper, and sliced black olives, instead of pepperoni. I probably added more cheese than it called for (seriously, who measures cheese for casseroles???) When I got home, there were two scraped out casserole dishes in the sink!
Feb 25, 2017
I added green peppers, olives, and more spaghetti sauce (total of 48 oz). It didn't really taste like pizza but was an easy, hearty meal.
Feb 24, 2017
I really liked this.I only made one and froze half for another time.I added peppers with the onion and a few olives.I will definitely make again
Jan 15, 2017
It was ok. I did season the meat while cooking with season all, onions and Italian spices. I think it would've been better if green peppers and mushrooms were added and perhaps pizza sauce instead of spaghetti. Overall, my family said it was good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.