Zucchini Pasta Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 305 calories, 15g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jun 7, 2018
Family really liked this. I accidentally left out the peppers. Had them all cut up but they never made it to the pot. I did add some small tomatoes that I halved as well as a can of diced tomatoes. Also quadrupled the amount of zucchini and the pasta noodles to make sure thee was leftover for everyone to take to work. Did not find it dry at all. Great meal for all the zucchini we will be getting soon.
Apr 2, 2014
It tasted good but it was too dry.
Aug 13, 2009
To cut calories and fats I used Olive oil to saute the vegetables and sprayed the casserole dish and it turned out dry. Would using vegetable oil and Crisco to grease the pan make a difference?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.