Spaghetti Pie Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
May 29, 2018
Personally I thought it was pretty bland. It’s easy to make but the taste is just ok. I wouldn’t make it again.
May 28, 2018
Just to make sure, it says :"Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. " actually means in a separate pan other then the pot with spaghetti, is that correct??Bud
Apr 21, 2018
Apr 6, 2018
This was delicious! I used up some leftover “ unsauced” spaghetti because I always make too much and added an egg and Parmesan cheese to it. I skipped the cheddar cheese and layered fresh mozzarella and sprinkled fresh parsley on top. Finished at the end under the broiler for just a few minutes. I agree with others, reminded me of lasagna but better. Definitely a keeper!
Mar 29, 2018
This recipe reminds me of a favorite casserole that my step-mom would leave for us kids to warm up for dinner when I was a teen in high school. I must give this a try, so many memories ago.
Mar 4, 2018
I made this yesterday. I usually make it just as written the first time but I did not have ground beef so I used hot Italian sausage. Took the casing off, broke it up as it browned. Added the onion AND mushrooms that needed to be used. It turned out great. I agree with another reviewer, it's similar to lasagna. My only suggestion would be to spread the cooked spaghetti in the casserole pan while it's still hot. Allowing it to cool makes it stick together and is almost impossible to spread. Lesson learned ! I did add Italian seasoning to the meat sauce for more flavor, as suggested by another reviewers. Good recipe. Thanks, Patricia
Mar 3, 2018
Very good. Reminds me of a combination of lasagna and spaghetti mixed together and you come up with this. Don't be afraid to add seasonings to this to make it your own. Serve with a fresh tossed salad and garlic sticks.
Mar 3, 2018
This was good! I made my own sauce and added saesonings. Very easy and delicious.
Feb 17, 2018
Good solid recipe but PLEASE, cook meat first, drain, then add ingredients. NEVER, EVER drain after adding them because you just pour your flavor down the drain.
Jan 3, 2018
The dairy layer adds a little extra surprise to this simple casserole. Also, I have health issues so I particularly like that I can make this earlier in the day and bake it off at dinner time. I can even go with a bottle of sauce as written or use homemade if I feel up to it. This is a PERFECT recipe for me and my family.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.