Spaghetti Pie Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is bubbly, 5-10 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 18, 2019
Response to Taylor on August 14, 2019. If meat is murder, then that "murdered" cattle was super delicious! Yum! Get over yourself you weirdo!
Sep 18, 2019
Just a thought, but I would prefer the meat sauce and spaghetti be combined. First layer noodles and meat sauce, then layer sour cream and cream cheese, then another layer of noodles and meat sauce then finally top with a blend of shredded mozzarella and cheddar or shredded cheese of your choice. Garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan and some snipped chives or minced parsley.
Sep 16, 2019
Pretty good. I added extra seasoning (fresh basil and oregano).
Aug 14, 2019
Meat is murder
Aug 6, 2019
This recipe is just "okay" It isn't something I'd make again. Like others, I felt there was way too much pasta and what I made did not fit in the designated pan size. I hate to say this, but this is one casserole that no one looked forward to having leftovers to take to lunch.
Jun 16, 2019
As written this is a 3 star recipe. The proportion is totally off. Too much pasta and too little cream cheese/sour cream sauce. I halved the pasta and doubled the cream cheese mixture and it was pretty good. The totally dry layer of pasta is a bit odd, but if you double the sauce mixture, it provides a coating for the noodles.
Jun 10, 2019
So incredibly delicious, I would almost bathe in it. I wouldn't though, because it is all already eaten.
Apr 26, 2019
This was very good, reminds you of lasagna. I used plain yogurt and mozzarella cheese because that’s what I had in the fridge. I also mixed an egg in with the cream cheese and yogurt and sprinkled some parmesan cheese in. I combined all that and then mixed it right in with the cooked spaghetti before I put it into the baking dish. It worked well. It also froze and reheated well. I will be making this again.
Mar 29, 2019
We liked it,but it lacked sauce all the way through so next time I wi l mix the spaghetti and sauce then proceed!
Nov 12, 2018
My cream cheese and sour cream mixture curdled while cooking. Why?? It tastes good still...