Spinach-Beef Spaghetti Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Between two pieces of waxed paper, roll out cream cheese into a 7-in. circle. Place in crust. Top with spinach and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350° until set, 20-30 minutes.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 377 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2019
Jan 8, 2019
Definitely a keeper! I used one pound fresh (sauteed in alittle olive oil) = 10 oz. frozen. Pot luck worthy!
Mar 29, 2018
I made as written with the exception of using FRESH spinach instead of frozen. Getting all the liquid out of the spinach took much longer than I expected, therefore my prep time was extended. The dish was a hit with my family, including my 18-month old granddaughter! However, my two adult daughters and I agreed that it would have been better if I had just cooked it all on the stove like regular spaghetti. Therefore, I will try that the next time I make it.
Aug 1, 2017
Love the flavors of this pie!! Will fix again!!
Aug 27, 2014
Will try this again as i had to pass this one off to the spouse at the last minute. It was edible -- but it was "a hot mess". goopy with no distinct flavors.
Apr 14, 2013
this is a great one
Nov 8, 2010
Loved this recipe! I was a little hesitant about the cream cheese layer. I thought that I might not like it, but it was delicious and easy.
Jul 27, 2010
Thank god I remembered I saw this recipe here. This is by far the most delicious Spag Pie I ever tasted. When I don't have spinach I use swiss chard. I think the cream cheese is what makes it! I'm going to put some ricotta in it tonight to see how it goes with the cream cheese.