Beef and Spinach Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, garlic, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 281 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 11, 2020
Super delicious! I tried this recipe and it turned out really good. My son kept saying it tastes really good which I agree. This is my second time to make lasagna. The first time didn't turned out good. When I saw this recipe it seems simple to make so I tried. I just added more spinach because I love spinach. I used one package frozen spinach and one cup sauteed fresh spinach and followed the instruction. It is really simple to make. I recommend this recipe to everyone. I printed it myself and added it to my recipe collection. I will sure make it again. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Feb 25, 2018
I made mine low calorie by not greasing the pan and draining the fat from the beef before adding the onions.The no cook noodles are thinner but I used regular cooked to save money. I must have not measured right because I needed to add extra sauce to the top. but there was plenty on the bottom before the first layer. I also found it easier to spread the ricotta mixture on the noodles rather than add sauce first. I altered the recipe and in the end it came out great.I covered the dish with foil and the mozarella stuck. Next time I will leave it looser.
Aug 24, 2017
Absolutely delicious! I used fresh beet greens instead of spinach and it was the best lasagna I've ever had. It was so easy too. I would recommend this recipe to anyone.
Aug 7, 2017
Delicious! I didn't have chopped onions or the dried basil. I used an Italian four cheeses blend in lieu of mozzarella. This is one dish the entire family enjoyed!
Aug 1, 2016
This has been the only Lasagna recipe I have used since I found it! Easy and very DELICIOUS! So happy I found this recipe!
Feb 9, 2016
Simple and awesome!
Jan 27, 2015
Delicious! One of my family's favorite recipes. I usually add fresh sauteed mushrooms & use fresh cooked spinach instead.
May 6, 2014
Delicious! My husband says 2 thumbs up!
Mar 14, 2014
Very good everyone I made it for asked for the recipe
Jan 8, 2014
This recipe sounds so very easy and it looks delicious. I cant wait to try it!!