One Skillet Lasagna
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Return 1 cup meat sauce to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup cottage cheese mixture, 1-1/2 cups meat sauce and half of the noodles, breaking to fit. Repeat layers of cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 478 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1552mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 17, 2018
We LOVED this dish! The cream of onion really makes this dish. I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese but kept everything else the same. I also used my Dutch oven, pasta was cooked as directed and perfectly done. I will be making this time and time again!
Jul 10, 2018
I wanted lasagna but didn’t want to heat up the kitchen so I decided to give it a try.I made it as written except increased ground beef to 1ib.ToCandy you may need to uses different skillet because I simmered mine for 17 minutes and it was perfect
Apr 16, 2018
No way no cook lasagna noodles were done in 20 minutes. Cooked 25 minutes and they are still cooking.
Mar 12, 2018
Can someone please tell me what brand of spaghetti sauce to buy. There are so many on the shelf. Thank you in advance
Feb 23, 2018
Outstanding! Made it exactly as stated and it was great. My husband says, 'Let's have this every week'.
Feb 22, 2018
I made this for my family two nights ago, & they raved over it! Fastest lasagna recipe I've tried. The only thing I changed was omitting the cheddar-jack cheese & using 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella. I also followed the suggestion of another reviewer & used my dutch oven. A definite "keeper" at our house!
Feb 22, 2018
To make this dish lower in sodium, you could make your own tomato sauce vs. the jarred sauce. Use 1 large can of crushed tomatoes, 1 large can of tomato paste, 4 cloves of minced garlic and 2 teaspoons of basil and add pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat until sauce comes to a boil. Follow the recipe using your homemade sauce in place of the jarred sauce and be sure to omit the canned soup entirely from the recipe. These changes should help to reduce the amount of the sodium in the recipe.
Jan 20, 2018
Does anyone have any ideas to make this recipe lower in sodium?
Sep 21, 2017
I couldn’t find cream of onion so used cream of mushroom. Will look at Walmart nezt time and hope I find it! ( in AZ). I chopped an onion and cooked it along with the garlic and ground beef. I also did not cook in a skillet. I wanted to make it in the morning to cook later so layered it in a 9x13 pan. Worked perfectly! So delicious!!
Jun 12, 2017
Like many others, I couldn't find the onion soup, so I took a chance on cream of chicken. The rest of the recipe was made as instructed and it was delicious! Oh, I only used one egg because husband can't stand eggs and I was worried the he'd pick up on it. It was really delicious! And you can play around with the basic recipe and probably not go wrong! Ricotta in place of cottage cheese, maybe? Thanks for the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.