One-Pot Spaghetti Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti, broken into pieces
- Fresh mozzarella cheese pearls or shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato juice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in spaghetti. Simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. If desired, serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 414 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 925mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 33g protein.
Apr 10, 2019
I’ve loved this recipe since it first came out. I always use the mace and love the unique flavor it adds to the sauce. I even add mace to jarred sauce sometimes. Using frozen meatballs instead of ground beef is excellent, too. This easy one-pot recipe turns out great every time. Using an instant pot recipe as a guide I’ve converted it to a pressure cooker recipe and it works beautifully that way, too.
May 19, 2018
As a Sicilian-American, I find this recipe awful, inauthentic and ridiculous.
Apr 9, 2016
My family enjoyed the flavors of this meal. I prefer a non-meat spaghetti dish, but I would make this again. I made a few changes but only after I prepared the recipe as it reads above. I added diced green peppers and mushrooms and thought that the sauce was a little bland for my taste at that point. (I had used V8 low sodium in lieu of tomato juice.) Raiding the spice cabinet, I added about 2 T of sugar and 1 T. of Penzey's Mural of Spice. With these additions, I thought that recipe had a bit more depth of flavor.
Jan 29, 2016
Very good. I used diced onion instead of minced and added diced green peppers.
Oct 15, 2015
I made a few changes due to availability and preferences. First of all, I swapped out the mushrooms for diced bell peppers, and used one small onion. I did not have tomato juice or diced tomatoes, so used a second can of tomato sauce and a can of "25% less sodium chicken broth". I used ground pork for my meat, and used only black pepper, dried mustard, and allspice for seasoning. Compared to the recipe as written it should have been too thick, but I thought it was perfect. My husband, who usually does not like tomato sauces, said it was delicious. It doesn't get much better than that! I will make this again!
Aug 22, 2015
Loved the allspice in this! I left out the mace.......but the allspice was so subtle. New, go to recipe for quick spaghetti!
Aug 8, 2015
Loved it batter than jar brands. I also had no allspice and mace so I left it out. I used real small onion and 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder instead of minced onion.
Dec 8, 2014
This has become my go-to spaghetti recipe. It's easy, fairly healthy, and deliscious. Can't beat that!
Jun 17, 2014
Simple and delicious!
Feb 20, 2013
We eat vegetarian and even without the beef this dish is a big hit with my family. It is so easy. Great recipe!!