- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley, oregano and salt. Stir in pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until pasta is tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring once.
- Combine cheeses; drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto pasta mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional dried oregano.
1 cup: 505 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1064mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.