Favorite Skillet Lasagna
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, noodles, water and zucchini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Drop by tablespoonfuls over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 250 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 27, 2018
Loved this! We ended up using all the sausage and extra zucchini diced really small. I also used fresh basil and parsley. I will add this to our regular rotation.
May 31, 2016
This was delicious. My 17 month old loved it so much, she covered herself in it!
Aug 3, 2015
Lite, flavorful, and filling. Made it to recipe except the zucchini went bad so I had to use a red bell pepper. Husband, 2yr old and 18 yr kiddos loved it. Added a side of Normandy veggies and tasted awesome. Saving this in the "go to" pile of recipes.
Jul 21, 2015
I hate giving bad reviews, but I made this last week exactly as the recipe suggests, as I always try to do on the first crack, and found it terribly boring. The cheese was the only thing that made it somewhat flavorful. I will try it again,but will add a lot of different things to make it have some zip.
Jul 7, 2015
Easy to make and it taste like a classic lasagna but takes less time to make!
Apr 3, 2015
My kids enjoyed this and I like the added nutrition! Added fresh garlic and spices!
Nov 24, 2014
Very yummy! I added extra spices - garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, salt & pepper but it depends on the spaghetti sauce you use. I also added some chopped mushrooms that I needed to use up. I might add more noodles next time, but will definitely make again!!
Oct 11, 2014
This was so easy to prepare,and my family loves lasagna, this is quick - easy and delicious
Aug 29, 2014
Was only ok.
Jun 20, 2014
Even with 24g carbs, I can, and will, enjoy this. Yum! What even makes it better ~ a person with diabetes can enjoy without guilt!!