Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups Three-Meat Sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano and basil. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles, sauce, cottage cheese mixture and mozzarella. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 282 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Mar 27, 2016
A favorite for my Son! He had begged me for so long to make it, it was a delight to see him eat so much! I used 2 lb lean ground beef and added to sauce, since everyone is a meat eater in this house.
Feb 27, 2016
It was a hit! I used spicy marinara to give it a little kick. There was hardly any left after dinner for a family of six. Total cook time including prep took about an hour.
Feb 26, 2016
I made this today; put in freezer with baking instructions; can't wait to eat. I read on this site that all casseroles are intended to be frozen prior to baking. I'm not sure why, but I am looking forward to a nice day where dinner prep is even easier because of my efforts today. Thank you.
Feb 16, 2016
This was awesome! My family loved it! Even the fussy-eaters ate it up!
Nov 15, 2015
This was so yummy. I used Italian sausage in the meat sauce. A big hit with the family.
Apr 12, 2013
I am not a fan of lasagna and even I liked this recipe and the rest of my family loved it. We don't eat much meat so I just used a basic meat-flavored sauce and substituted ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese. Put it in the oven covered @ 200 before church and it was ready by the time we got home.
Sep 18, 2012
Really easy for my first time.
Jun 9, 2011
I made this using the pound of hamburger and jar of sauce. Easiest lasagna ever!
May 2, 2011
i just made this for dinner tonight with garlic cheese breadsticks and a romain lettuce salad and it was excellent. my husband and kids were impressed. this was the first time i have ever made lasagna and i did great so for all first timers this was a great recipe and easy to follow. however i did do as below and used 16oz of cottage cheese but considering that is my favorite part i still will probably double the cottage cheese mixture next time, but only because i love that part. but this recipe is excellent as is!!!!
Jun 25, 2010
I used Savory Spaghetti Sauce (from Taste of Home) instead of the Three-Meat sauce and also used 16 oz. of cottage cheese instead of 12 oz. Best lasagna I have ever had! Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.