- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; crumble beef; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Return 1 cup meat mixture to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce and half of the noodles, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Repeat layers. Top with remaining marinara sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove from heat. If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1 serving: 426 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.