Slow Cooker Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles to fit if necessary). Combine cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 482 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1317mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2019
made as reciept said next time will use crushed tomatoes instead gives better flavor
Jan 23, 2019
Made this today and used jarred spaghetti sauce, ricotta, and the cottage cheese. It turned out quite tasty, although not the perfect squares that lasagna in a pan gives you. Much quicker to put together. I did rim the slow cooker with aluminum foil to keep the edges from drying out as others suggested and it worked out fine.
Jan 18, 2019
I took this in for a work luncheon and everyone really enjoyed it. I did use half ricotta and half cottage cheese for the cheese blend. I always make that combo when making lasagna. It’s something my mom always did growing up and I feel makes a big different with the flavor
Jan 5, 2019
always a hit. I like to make a double batch and use half ricotta and half cottage cheese. My husband like me to add ground italian sausage in.
Jan 1, 2019
Lasagna made with cottage cheese?? Disgusting............. Lasagna is made with Ricotta cheese..........
Jul 28, 2018
So good!!!!! Love that this can be cooked in the crock-pot. Add a salad and some garlic bread and supper is ready!
Mar 6, 2018
I have been making this for years. It is always a hit. I make it for pot luck dinners too and I never have left overs!!! I use regular Lasagna noodles though instead of the no cook lasagna and it turns out great. It's so easy and frees up my day to get other things done. Everyone things I work for hours over making it. The left overs freeze great. I was pleasantly surprises at that.
Jan 22, 2018
Excellent recipe and easy to put together. Like others, I used Italian sausage instead of beef (taste preference), otherwise made as is. Thank you!
Oct 14, 2017
This is delicious! Love using the slow cooker in the fall and winter. Just be careful not to overlook, some of my noodles got a bit crispy around the edges!
Oct 3, 2017
This was great! So nice to have it ready when we got home on a busy day! We added extra sauce on top because we'd like it that way!