Slow Cooker Cheesy White Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 1 pound ground chicken or beef
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil, optional
- Fold two 18-in. square pieces of heavy-duty foil into thirds. Crisscross strips and place on bottom and up sides of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Set chicken aside.
- In same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and carrots; cook and stir just until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes. Stir in cream, cream cheese, cheddar and Gouda cheeses. Return chicken to pot. In a large bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese and basil.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture into slow cooker. Layer with 3 noodles (breaking noodles as necessary to fit), 1 cup meat mixture, 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat mixture and cheese. Cook, covered, on low until noodles are tender, 3-4 hours. Remove slow cooker insert and let stand 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 603 calories, 35g fat (19g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 1086mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Mar 16, 2018
Made this twice and it was a hit. The second time I left out the Chicken and added more vegetables to make it for vegetarian friends.
Feb 25, 2018
Looks awesome! I want to make this with ground turkey & maybe some sausage
Apr 3, 2017
I LOVE this lasagna. The only negative thing I can say is that it is chocked full of cheese and calories. I love cheese so it's definitely a great recipe if you love cheese too. The combination of cheese that is utilized is fantastic.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.