Slow-Cooker Sausage Lasagna
On especially cold winter days, my family loves this with mild Italian sausage. I agree about the cold days, but I prefer a spicy sausage blend, which gives it a bit of a zing. —Cindi DeClue, Anchorage, Alaska
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in sauce, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 carton (15 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- Line sides of an oval 6-qt. slow cooker with heavy-duty foil; coat foil with cooking spray. In a Dutch oven, cook beef, sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef and sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, water and herbs; heat through.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese. Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce onto bottom of prepared slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking to fit), 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 cups meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until noodles are tender. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 667 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 1310mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Lasagna in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.