Slow Cooker Turkey Pesto Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 container (15 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut three 25x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on bottom and up sides of a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Stir in Italian seasoning and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and pesto. In prepared slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: marinara sauce, noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit), turkey mixture and cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low until noodles are tender, 3-4 hours. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes before serving. Using foil strips, remove lasagna to a platter. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without Parmesan cheese): 397 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
May 2, 2018
I recently needed an easy slow cooker supper, so I decided to try this recipe. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough no-cook lasagna noodles on hand, so I decided to use cooked egg noodles, which worked surprisingly well! My supper was easy to prepare and absolutely delicious! I'll definitely make this again and wouldn't hesitate to use the egg noodles.
Apr 26, 2018
Really good; I substituted sweet Italian turkey sausage for the ground turkey, (had in freezer), great, no fuss meal.
Dec 7, 2017
Wow, could not believe how easy this was and how good it tasted. I am sure I will be making this again. I made this in an oval crock pot. Turned out great.
Apr 24, 2017
Love the picture and recipe. However, I do not have a round slow cooker for this recipe, so I am going to try this in my 9 inch spring form pan, and will use some extra noodles for around the edges and bake it in my oven. Will get back to you and let you know how it turned out. Thanks for the recipe.
Oct 13, 2016
I made this for our work meeting for lunch time. The designated amount of time on low is perfect for 4 hours. I even used a slower cooker plastic bag which really made for easy clean up. I did substitute out the turkey for 93/7 lean ground beef. I love adding the pesto since I made so much with our basil plant this year (pesto freezes so well) I also used part skim ricotta and part skim mozzarella.
Jan 29, 2016
This was my first time cooking lasagna in the slow cooker, and it was surprisingly good. Had just the right ratio of sauce to noodles. I substituted ground pork because I had some in the freezer.
Aug 19, 2015
simply delicious! I love how easy this was to put together. Simple and quick which is great for busy week nights . My three-year-old son especially loved the dish. He ate every bite off his plate