Slow-Cooked Enchilada Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) flour tortillas, torn
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, soup and salt.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of the beef mixture, tortillas and cheese. Repeat the layers twice. Cover and cook on low until heated through, 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 568 calories, 35g fat (16g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1610mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 5, 2016
This dish is fair if you are looking for something quick to throw in a crock pot. I will most likely not make this again.
Dec 29, 2015
Not good. I think I'm spoiled from my homemade enchilada sauce. Will try again without the canned stuff. Tortillas also got soggy.
Jan 7, 2012
We have made this several times and love it. This time we made it in the oven. We just layered it in a dutch oven and cooked at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Still amazing and allows for dinner without planning ahead.
Nov 29, 2010
In our house my husband does the cooking, not me. But I thought this recipe sounded good, and looked easy enough. I tried it out, on a busy day. And the fact that you can leave it in the crockpot, and come home to dinner was ideal. My whole family loved it, and I was quite proud!
Jan 18, 2010
tastes like soup can special
Feb 19, 2009
I used green enchilada sauce. Good