Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, saute pepper in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer or until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, beans and onions; heat through. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine enchilada and picante sauces. Coat both sides of one tortilla with sauce mixture; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with a third of the chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortilla, sauce and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Remove to a serving plate and cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge (calculated without sour cream and lettuce): 318 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
May 7, 2018
This is my go to enchilada recipe. Been making this for years. The only difference is that I also add a can of Fiesta corn. Since I want/need leftovers (the leftovers are actually better as everything melds), I double everything and use a 9 x 13 pan. Yes, I just tear the tortillas to fit the pan. I also use extra salsa because I don't want a dry stack.
Aug 28, 2016
Really liked this and I'll make it again!
Apr 28, 2015
Very good!! My fianc? really liked it, even though he's not a Mexican fan. I added some leftover corn from the cob with the green pepper. I also used up the tortillas, and moistened it with a little more sauce. It's definitely a make again recipe.
Dec 22, 2013
Very good!! Easy recipe to make with ingredients I had on hand. Would definitely make again.
Oct 4, 2013
Very good! I added a can of shoepeg corn and would definitely make it again.
Aug 1, 2013
Dry and nothing special. Would rather make enchiladas.
Jun 12, 2013
Very good! Quick & easy.
Jun 6, 2013
Made this last night for when my son and his girlfriend came over for dinner. It was a hit with everyone. Great flavor. I left it in the pie pan to serve and used a pizza cutter to cut into wedges to serve.
May 29, 2013
This is the best recipe. I/We love mexican food and this is the bomb. Will make this many times. Thank you for sharing.
May 9, 2013
This was a delicious treat! My husband gave me a huge hug after this dinner. lol I shredded the chicken with a fork after I grilled it in a frying pan with a bit of oil, chili powder, salt and pepper.