Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 7 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 jar (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) enchilada sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, optional
- In a skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain fat.
- Meanwhile, place one tortilla in a 12-in. round casserole or on a large baking sheet or pizza pan. Layer half each of taco sauce, beef, onion and cheddar cheese on the tortilla.
- Top with second tortilla and press gently; layer half of the refried beans, olives and chilies.
- Top with third tortilla and layer half each of the sour cream, green pepper and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Top with fourth tortilla and top with remaining taco sauce, beef, onion and cheddar cheese.
- On the fifth tortilla, layer remaining beans, olives and chilies.
- On the sixth tortilla, layer remaining sour cream, green pepper and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Top with last tortilla; spread with enchilada sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Let stand a few minutes before cutting into wedges. Sprinkle with additional Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 9, 2017
Made exactly to the recipe. Really liked the flavors to this.
Nov 29, 2016
Very nice dish. I also made this in a springform pan which worked out perfect. Didn't use the canned chillies as my husband doesn't like hot dishes. Also omitted the olives. Flavour was lovely. Will make this again. Might add a little taco seasoning to beef next time. Thanks for a great recipe.
Apr 29, 2014
The whole family really enjoyed this! It was super easy to prepare ahead and put in the fridge to bake right before dinner. I used my Dutch oven & it was the perfect size. The only thing I altered from the recipe, was that I omitted the olives.
Jul 10, 2010
Trying to cook for two is a huge challenge. I love this because it is easy to cut in half. Follow directions but use a small loaf pan and cut the tortillas in half. I cut the baking time to 30 minutes. Perfect for 2!
Nov 11, 2009
I didn't have a large enough casserole dish so I made it in a 11" springform pan. Make sure to let it rest 10 minutes before releasing the spring so it doen't ooze all over! The layers make it fancy enough to serve to company.
Oct 17, 2008
Oh man. We LOVE this at our house. My husband can't get enough of it. Very very yummy.
Jan 25, 2008
This recipe is in my TOH Country Ground Beef cookbook. Before I made it, the first time, I charted out what went on each layer. Worked out great.
Jan 24, 2008
This is one of our favorite recipes, only thing I do cook the onion with the ground beef becasue I found the onion would not cook enough for our taste. I also have substituted chicken for ground beef, just cook it cut it up and saute it with the onions before layering.