Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in tomato soup, picante sauce or salsa and refried beans. Heat thoroughly.
- Arrange five tortillas in a 12x8x2-in. baking dish, tearing tortillas as needed to cover the bottom. Layer with half of the meat mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers using remaining tortillas, meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 469 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Jan 20, 2014
I added some extra garlic and kidney beans and used corn tortiallas. Yummy!
Jul 31, 2011
It was pretty good!
Mar 8, 2010
My 8 year old son is very picky and he ate it . He really liked it. I was impressed! I did add some cumin and some chili powder to the recipe
Oct 22, 2009
Very tasty. I substituted taco sauce for the condensed tomato soup and added some taco spice to the hamburger