Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min. + standing
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 521 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
May 24, 2018
110% worth the effort and everyone LOVED it! I made a few minor changes to this.. none of us like refried beans so I substituted black beans in their place. Used 2pks of taco seasoning. Added fresh button mushrooms and doubled the cheese. FAVORITE meal forever! Thank you
May 15, 2018
Too much water. Lasagna needs to be cooked. I substituted taco sauce for the water.
May 5, 2018
Looks terrific making it today.
Apr 29, 2018
My family LOVES this dish. I make it vegetarian by swapping out the ground beef with Lightlife Mexican Crumbles. I also like that comes together so quickly.
Mar 26, 2018
I have so many recipes it's crazy! I see something that looks delicious or cute and I save it. I'm so happy I'm not the only one who does this! Maybe it's an obsession, but it's a delicious obsession!
Mar 19, 2018
My family lived it
Dec 23, 2017
Precook the noodles, use less water and add about another pound of meat for a 9?13. Either that or use a 9x9. Better the next day! :)
Oct 16, 2017
I precooked the noodles and used less water and more salsa. Also added a bit of enchilada sauce over noodles, since I added less water. Family devoured it and wants it again!
Aug 16, 2017
I followed it as written except used the ready-to-bake noodles and I completed steps 1 and 2 the day before, refrigerated it overnight, and added the water/salsa before baking the next day. A great and easy potluck recipe!
Jan 14, 2017
i made this for a weeknight dinner and it is quite good. I followed the recipe except: used 24 ounces of salsa with 1 cup of water and did not top with the sour cream but served it on the side. I used noncook noodles and the baked finish was perfectly cooked. I would use less beef next time and maybe layer in some of the salsa mixture over the meat to moisten and flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.