Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese and cilantro.
- Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2018
Just ok. I doctored this by adding taco seasoning to chicken and also adding Mexican corn with peppers and black beans. Was not worth the work!!
Feb 27, 2015
I made this using my own enchilada sauce and I also used a rotisserie chicken. I thought the flavor was good but next time will add green chilies and a little chipotle.I would like it a little more spicy
Jan 6, 2015
Very tasty , and simple to make.
Apr 3, 2013
I changed a couple of things:1. I used green chili enchilada sauce in place of the regular2. I used cottage cheese in place of the ricotta3. I used 2 cups Mexican cheese and 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese4. I put the lasagna together in the morning and popped it into the oven when I got home from workWe LOVED it. Very tasty. The only change I would consider would be using 2 cans of sauce instead of 3.
Oct 12, 2012
This is really good! I did, however, add more chicken and left out the eggs, ricotta cheese, and cilantro. I also used mozzerella cheese instead of the mexican cheese blend.
Jan 17, 2012
Poor blend of flavors. The only flavors that we experienced were the cilantro and enchilada sauce. We couldn?t taste the cheeses, chicken or even the onion.
Jun 7, 2011
This was so good! Don't skip the fresh cilantro... it really boosts the flavor! We used southwest seasoned, cooked chicken and topped our servings with a big dollop of sour cream.
May 11, 2011
Everyone really lilked this dish. I did not find it saucy but did bake an extra 10 minutes covered. I used shredded chicken and will use parsley in place of the cilantro next time.
Apr 13, 2011
Did not like - too saucy for our tastes.
Sep 21, 2010
I thought this was good. The sauce was a little runny, though, but overall, not a bad dish. I am a vegetarian, and therefore made this with tofu instead of chicken, which might be why I had some trouble with the sauce. I bet it would be delicious with chicken!