Chicken Chili Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), halved
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, onions, 1-1/2 cups Mexican-cheese blend, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and cilantro until blended. Stir in chicken; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, chilies, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining cumin.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with six tortilla halves, a third of the chicken mixture and a fourth of the cheese sauce. Repeat tortilla, chicken and cheese sauce layers twice. Top with remaining tortillas, cheese sauce and Mexican cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 386 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Jul 2, 2017
I don't know how many times I've fixed this lasagna!! The flavors here come together to make a keeper!! We love it!!
Jun 3, 2012
This is excellent! I usually add some black olives.
May 9, 2012
I switched the cheese to jalapeno pepper jack and cheddar and added some chili powder. Instead of a casserole I layered it in a spring-form pan. Next time I will omit sauce on the bottom and add less onion.
Oct 12, 2011
Didn't like the crunch from the only semi-cooked onions. Tortillas got soggy for the leftovers. Added hot sauce to chicken mixture for a little heat.
Aug 13, 2011
This has been a favorite in our family since the first time I made it.
Dec 19, 2010
This is a much requested dish with friends. I have also made it in a crockpot for pot luck. There are never leftovers!
May 26, 2010
This is one of our favorite recipes and we make it often, it is a bit involved but is real worth it.
May 25, 2010
I have made this for a Realtor Open House twice, and always get great reviews!
May 12, 2010
This is delicious! A bit labor-intensive, but great for a special occasion/company. Any leftovers will keep well. I wish I had a separate freezer so that I could make this and freeze half for another meal.
Mar 25, 2010
I've made this recipe 5 times and everyone always loves it! It's also easy to adjust for flavor or whaterver you have on hand. Like it hotter? Add some fresh diced jalapeno for the green onions. Low on mexican cheese? Substitute sharp white cheddar. MMM!!!