Chicken Curry Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder and garlic; cook 1 minute more. Stir in tomato paste; pour coconut milk into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cooked chicken.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain. Combine ricotta, eggs, 1/4 cup cilantro, spinach and seasonings.
- Spread one-fourth of chicken mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four noodles, half of ricotta mixture, one-fourth of chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, remaining chicken mixture and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Top with remaining cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 343 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 19, 2017
This was pretty good, and I will definitely make it again. But, it's fairly mild. I'd like to punch up the spiciness next time: more curry powder, some red chili powder, more garlic. Otherwise, super yummy, and comforting, and better on day two.
Mar 5, 2017
Tough way to find out my nut allergic kid included coconut! Until that time, we were enjoying this dish!
Mar 5, 2017
I was excited to try this but worried it would be weird, but it was so good! We really enjoyed this recipe. Great change of pace from regular lasagna.
Feb 22, 2017
Very unique and tasty. We love curry so it was a special treat. As with all lasagna, it was even better on day 2. Always fun to try something different
Feb 21, 2017
My Indian husband was charmed when I made this tasty lasagna. Thanks for a great recipe, and the romantic evening that followed... :) Wonderful!